Since the first prototype created in 1948, Trackmobile has led the mobile railcar mover industry, putting over 11,000 Trackmobile units into service in over 65 countries. Based in LaGrange, Georgia, Trackmobile is part of the Marmon Group and backed by Berkshire Hathaway. Today, Trackmobile holds nearly 70% of the U.S. market share, and almost 65% of the global market, as reported by Transparency Market Research in a 2015 study of the global railcar mover market.
Trackmobile’s difference is its long life span and significant reduction in long term operational and maintenance costs. Trackmobiles have remained the best investment value in the industry since 1948, with many models sold as far back as the late 1950s still being in service today. The average Trackmobile has a service life of over 30 years with commonly available components that can be rebuilt multiple times to extend its usable life.
To preview our Full Line Catalog Trackmobile Advantage and to COMPARE PRODUCTS, click here.
Trackmobile’s design philosophy is to build the best machines that efficiently and safely move our customer’s railcars, so all Trackmobiles come equipped with standard features to ensure that operators perform at their best.
- Patent pending Safe-T-Vue 360° visibility and railing camera system
- In-cab Train Air controls
- Industry first joystick and armrest equipped controls
- Telematics monitoring with remote diagnostic capabilities
- Easy to reach maintenance access points
- Full LED lighting package including 4 high-visibility strobe lights
- Lighted, grated steps
- Automatic / manual power-shift transmission
- Accessible external disc brakes
- Floating axles
- 19 LED light package minimum on all models including; 14 exterior, 3 underbody, and 2 interior (see complete list below)